This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 52; the fifty-second edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with Metro Diaries by "Namrata". To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.
The trouble with me was I did not know what to do with them.
Those parched, brittle with times, turning yellow by seconds, hundreds of them.
What am I talking about? Your letters to me.
I had them stored carefully, away from the prying eyes, tucked
at the bottom of my bookshelf.
I had read them thousands of times, the inked paper
screaming loudly of your undying love for me. The blue words melting my heart
and soul making me fall in love with you a million times more. I read them, in
nights of calamitous loneliness, I read them in days of shattering dreams, I read
them staring at blank realities. Of course I read them, coz I believed them.
But I cannot store them, not any more.
You ask me why? Well first of all you have no reason or
rhyme to question me.
I cannot store them coz they are just a guilty reminder of
my foolish faith in your hollow promises.
I cannot store them coz they sting my eyes, scorching the
dreams they saw for years.
I cannot store them coz they spew venom every time I try to
read and recollect the love we shared.
I cannot store them coz now they dont smell like you but some unfamiliar fermenting, rotten mold just like your rotten love.
I cannot store them coz now they dont smell like you but some unfamiliar fermenting, rotten mold just like your rotten love.
So with a heavy heart I throw them in the flames, coz I cannot
store them.
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: 07
Furious post, but quite abrupt, don't you think, R?
ReplyDeletebetter something abrupt than a blank canvas
DeleteVery true that. :)
DeleteYou burnt the letters but what about the heart poisoned by the ink?
ReplyDeleteThis post echoes with the 'calamitous loneliness' of someone 'Blitzed by betrayal'. Nicely done. ATB for BAT! :-)
ReplyDeleteBurning it alone cannot help. Good luck to you!
ReplyDeleteSomeone is Special
it's true that letters store memories both sorrowful and beautiful and one must burn them to get rid of those memories, nice take on the prompt
ReplyDeleteMy Blogaton Post Letter of A Girl
Asteria,
ReplyDeleteThe blue words are so symbolic of feeling blue and What if the promises weren't hollow and love carried a new freshness to your life?
Would you still burn them?
Good luck for BAT. =)
Says some true stories of world....
ReplyDeleteATB for BAT
Great, she got over it!
ReplyDeleteShe'll feel betters like in the movie Jab We met!
Best wishes for BAT :)
yea... i totally understand.. she gets over it.. but some possessions are to be kept for life... did she leap and save them ?
ReplyDeleteBoth Storing and Burning can be symbolic!
ReplyDeleteI can so relate to her feelings of burning the letters, burning the memory!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to come back ... love your writing, as always ... hope you write more regularly now :-)
ReplyDeleteWhen they started to spew venom and smell rotten, burning was the best option. Those memories are stored which are fragrant like roses in books! Quite a crisp post. All the best!
ReplyDelete